March 24 2020 – COVID-19 Update
1. We are seeing appointments that are urgent or essential to be seen.
2. Please continue to call in to order any supplies such as prescriptions or food, we will be taking payment over the phone and will meet you for curbside pickup OR use our online store to deliver directly to your home (See Shop Now Link on Homepage)
3. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we have implemented several changes within our hospital for the safety of our clients, our patients, and our staff.
We remain committed to staying open and providing necessary medical care to all of our patients. Please advise us if:
- You have traveled outside Canada in the past 14 days
- You have experienced any fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, or fatigue
- You have been in contact with anyone who is in self-quarantine or who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You are experiencing any flu like symptoms
Our Staff is kindly asking the following to clients over the phone:
- If you have traveled outside of the country in the last two weeks or are experiencing any flu-like symptoms and your pet doesn’t require immediate medical attention, call us and we will guide you appropriately to seek care for your pet.
- If you have any of the above risk factors and have an upcoming non-urgent appointment, we ask that you call us to reschedule.
We understand this inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and cooperation during this challenging time.
March 21 2020 – COVID-19 Update
For our valued staff members and clients,
Beattie Pet Hospital remains open during the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic with adjusted hours. We want to assure you that your pet’s health care is important to us and we will provide care until our profession explicitly says otherwise.
We are navigating through a rapidly changing public health situation and want to continue providing healthcare services for our pet communities around us while ensuring the safety of our staff. We will provide essential medical services so we do not compromise a pet’s healthcare needs and understand there are dangers present to a pet’s health should they not receive preventative and/or immediate medical attention.
We are following best practices when it comes to cleaning and disinfecting our hospital to ensure the maximum possible safety for our staff, our clients and your pets.
For those of you who are currently self-isolating or are feeling symptoms and need to bring in your pet for medical attention, we kindly request that you follow the protocols below:
- Call us at our hospital and our team will provide guidelines for how your pet can receive the best care possible
- If you have any concerns regarding your own health please do inform our staff immediately on the phone
- Stay in your car on arrival in the parking lot OR send a family member who is healthy to bring your pet under your permission
- Order pet foods and products online using “Shop Now” on our hospital website and selecting deliver to home
We thank you for understanding during these difficult times and we are here to continue serving the pet community. We will continue to update you on a daily basis.